- Finance - Finance
- Employment Type
We are looking to recruit an experienced Financial Controller, or equivalent, to lead & own the finance function within this growing organisation. This key leadership role requires a proactive, personable and trusted leader, open to change, committed to innovation and getting the best out of your team. whilst owning the accounting functions within a £79m income p.a. organisation with £55m expenditure and £80m capital development programme..
As the FD focuses on more strategic aims of the business, this role will see you working with senior stakeholders across the business, will offer exposure to board reporting and will be heavily involved in many of Cross Keys interesting and diverse projects including Joint-Ventures with House Builders and Local Authorities.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to own the finance function and the full finance cycle of the organisation. This is a senior, high profile role which requires both strong technical and people management skills.
You will have had strong experience with financial reporting, business partnering / stakeholder management, managing and developing a team, and be excited and enthused about owning the finance function in what is a diverse and growing organisation. You will also be able to report to board level standards or feel confident in your ability to do so.
Who are we.......
Cross Keys Homes is an award-winning, innovative, commercial business with a social heart. We're dedicated to providing high-quality, affordable housing in prosperous communities.
We're the largest social housing landlord in Peterborough, managing more than 11,000 properties and housing around 14% of the city’s population. We're also growing and moving into new areas, including Huntingdonshire, Milton Keynes and Bedfordshire. We provide affordable homes for social rent, private rent, leasehold and shared ownership.
We want to provide high-quality, affordable homes to even more people. That's why, over the last 10 years, we’ve built more than 1,300 new homes and are currently building a further 2500 homes.
We’re more than just a landlord. We want to make neighbourhoods happy and vibrant places for people to live. We do that by investing in homes, green spaces and leisure facilities, and by supporting local people through training, education and employment.
We’re also dedicated to the needs of older and vulnerable people – being the city's largest provider of independent living schemes. With our LifeLine emergency alarm service, community care, sheltered housing and our state-of the-art extra care facilities like Lapwing Apartments, we help people live independently with support available if they need it.
- CCAB Qualified
- Housing sector experience is desirable
- Expertise in financial accounting and reporting ,including external audit and statutory reporting,VAT and group structures.
- Experienced and accomplished people manager, ability to manage a team remotely
- Experience of applying business and performance management systems.
- Knowledge of how large organisations work and the role of the Finance function within them.
- Experience of managing a Finance function.
- Proven working experience in practical finance/accounting experience.
- Experience of developing and implementing finance, audit and management reporting systems, leading to successful achievement of business objectives
- Experience of working within and developing a strong internal controls framework
- Experience of managing budgeting/forecasting and data modelling leading cross functional teams.
- Track record of managing change,delivering results inline with team and individual objectives and establishing a strong performance culture
- Proven track record in delivering efficient business operations
- A proven record of supporting new opportunities to develop the service provided to the organisation
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Strong verbal, reasoning and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate complex financial ideas and data to a wide range of users at all levels within the organisation.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise effectively,in order to achieve targets and meet deadlines.
- Ability to command the respect of colleagues and generate the same high standing with external contacts.
- Ability to continuously improve team and individual performances through leadership,motivation and encouragement
- Good working knowledge of other Microsoft office applications
- Ability to work with technical language of other functional areas.
- Ability to clarify and streamline complex business processes while strengthening control mechanisms.
- Ability to manage customer care through periods of significant change in business processes
- Ability to work to strict deadlines to deliver results
- Ability to manage projects from inception to implementation
Whilst we endeavour to contact all applicants, should you not hear from us within 21 days of applying please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
- Competitive salary of £68,483 - £85,104 depending on skills, knowledge and experience
- Working hours are 37 hours a week worked over Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
- 25 days holiday
- A highly competitive contributory pension scheme
- Health Cash Plan
- CKH Rewards scheme offering discounts and savings from 100's of retailers
- Online Employee Well Being Hub
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Onsite Gym
- Weekly onsite yoga classes
- Cycle to work scheme
- Onsite Parking
- A great working environment with all the tools needed to fulfil your role
- A friendly and supportive team
- Excellent opportunities for learning and working towards gaining relevant qualifications
- Cross Keys Homes is a Living Wage Employer
NO AGENCIES PLEASE