New Build Development Delivery Manager
- Asset Management
- Employment Type
This is a fantastic new opportunity within our award winning organisation, we are currently looking to recruit an experienced and dynamic New Build Delivery Manager as we are now looking to recruit an experienced New Build Delivery Manager to join our dynamic and busy team.
With a development programme set to deliver more than 2,500 homes over 5 years (2018-2023), we’re committed to building quality, affordable homes that people want to live in throughout the east of England. That’s an approach that secured us the title of Development Programme of the Year at the 2018 UK Housing Awards.
As the New Build Delivery Manager you will lead and manage your team of New Build Project Managers, delivering a wide range of new build housing projects from pre-construction contract stage, through to practical completion to agreed time, quality and budget standard. Ensuring all new homes meet the defined needs of the end customer whilst closely supporting the New Business Development team in the pursuit of expanding business objectives.
The key dimensions are:
- Managing a team of New Build Project Managers responsible for individual multiple tenure new build projects with a value of up to £15m total scheme costs (TSC) per project.
- Directly managing individual multiple tenure new build projects with a value of more than £15m total scheme costs (TSC) per project.
- Managing a portfolio of schemes, with a combined spend of up to £60 million in any given financial year.
Previous experience of successful team management and a detailed knowledge of the development/planning process and the delivery of quality affordable homes is essential for this position.
Who we are.......
Cross Keys Homes is an award-winning, innovative, commercial business with a social heart. We're dedicated to providing high-quality, affordable housing in prosperous communities.
We're the largest social housing landlord in Peterborough, managing more than 11,000 properties and housing around 14% of the city’s population. We're also growing and moving into new areas, including Huntingdonshire, Milton Keynes and Bedfordshire. We provide affordable homes for social rent, private rent, leasehold and shared ownership.
We want to provide high-quality, affordable homes to even more people. That's why, over the last 10 years, we’ve built more than 1,300 new homes and are currently building a further 2500 homes.
We’re more than just a landlord. We want to make neighbourhoods happy and vibrant places for people to live. We do that by investing in homes, green spaces and leisure facilities, and by supporting local people through training, education and employment.
We’re also dedicated to the needs of older and vulnerable people – being the city's largest provider of independent living schemes. With our LifeLine emergency alarm service, community care, sheltered housing and our state-of the-art extra care facilities like Lapwing Apartments, we help people live independently with support available if they need it.
We are looking for....
- Previous experience of RP (Housing Association) development
- A working knowledge and understanding of Homes England regulations
- Detailed knowledge of the development/planning process and demonstrable experience in the delivery of quality affordable homes.
- Detailed construction fabric knowledge, including an understanding of modern methods of construction.
- Experience of managing a team.
- Experience in financial modelling/risk analysis in relation to housing development.
- Proven experience of JCT and other forms of works contracts, including development agreements.
- Extensive project management experience gained in managing housing development schemes/programmes.
- Experience of working with Local Authorities, grant funding bodies, and other key external stakeholders.
- Good working knowledge of Homes England development standards.
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office or equivalent IT systems (Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, and Powerpoint).
- Project Management
- Excellent communication, influencing and presentation skills.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relations both internally and externally.
- Critical attention to detail in the delivery of development projects.
- Ability to promote equality and diversity for tenants. Employees and other key stakeholders through the development process.
- Ability to work and liaise across internal functional boundaries to maintain excellent delivery standards.
- The ability to work on own initiative, and/or as part of a team.
- Ability to understand and interpret data.
- Ability to ensure data quality is maintained.
- Degree (or equivalent) qualification in a relevant construction related discipline, or qualified by experience
- Full UK driving licence.
Whilst we endeavour to contact all applicants, should you not hear from us within 21 days of applying please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion
In return we are offering.....
- A competitive salary of £56,170- £76,152 depending on skills, knowledge and experience
- Working hours are 37 hours a week worked over Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
- 25 days holiday
- A highly competitive contributory pension scheme
- Health Cash Plan
- CKH Rewards scheme offering discounts and savings from 100's of retailers
- Online Employee Well Being Hub
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Parking at Head Office
- Provided with support and all the tools needed to fulfil your role
- Excellent opportunities for learning and working towards gaining relevant qualifications
- Cross Keys Homes is a Living Wage Employer
NO AGENCIES PLEASE