Part Time Community Garden Manager
- Employment Type
We have an exciting opportunity for a Part Time Community Garden Manager to join our team at Westwood Hub for a 6 month Contract.
This role is responsible for managing he WestRaven Community Garden in line with the Charity, Community Interest Organisation (CIO) core values.
You will inspire, motivate and lead volunteers, organise events and activities, write bids for grant funding and raise funds to bring revenue into business.
As well as this you will maintain and develop the garden, protect the local environment and promote the Community Garden locally.
You will build excellent relationships with external partners, schools, prisons, families etc and have a real passion for community and the environment
Who we are...
Cross Keys Homes is a commercial business with a social heart. We're dedicated to providing high-quality, affordable housing in prosperous communities.
We're the largest social housing landlord in Peterborough, managing more than 11,000 properties and housing around 14% of the city’s population. We're also growing and moving into new areas, including Huntingdonshire, Milton Keynes, and Bedfordshire. We provide affordable homes for social rent, private rent, leasehold and shared ownership.
We want to provide high-quality, affordable homes to even more people. That's why, over the last 10 years, we’ve built more than 1,300 new homes. And by 2018, we'll be building around 400 homes every year.
We’re more than just a landlord. We want to make neighbourhoods happy and vibrant places for people to live. We do that by investing in homes, green spaces and leisure facilities, and by supporting local people through training, education and employment.
We’re also dedicated to the needs of older and vulnerable people – being the city's largest provider of independent living schemes. With our LifeLine emergency alarm service, community care, sheltered housing and our state-of the-art extra care facilities like Lapwing Apartments, we help people live independently with support available if they need it.
This is what we are looking for…
- Experience of working in a community project or co-operative organisation, or, of running an enterprise
- Ability to work with a wide range of people, including supporting volunteers
- Computer literacy, including competency with spreadsheets
- Comfortable with practical, outdoor and occasionally physically heavy work
- Ability to troubleshoot and deal with challenges in a creative, friendly and professional manner
- Experience of report writing
- Ability to work under own supervision, to manage and prioritise own workload
- Strong ability to work as part of a team in a constructive and sensitive manner.
- Experience of event management
- Administrative and negotiation skills
- Motivational skills to support the development and delivery of project plans (within the business plan)
- Facilities Management skills to ensure safety of all participants, staff and volunteers.
- Event and activity management
- Bid writing and funding applications
- Logistic skills, planning and procurement
- IT Skills and experience of using Excel Spreadsheets
In return we are offering:
- £10,102 - £11,192
- Working hours: 18 hours worked over the week (there may be times where flexibility during evenings and weekends to needed to support business requirements and events)
- A great working environment with all the tools needed to fulfil your role
- A friendly and supportive team
- Excellent opportunities for learning and working towards gaining relevant qualifications
- A highly competitive contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday (pro rata)
- Weekly onsite yoga classes (Head Office)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Cycle to work scheme