New Build Development Project Manager
- Asset Management
- Employment Type
This is an exciting time to join our award winning organisation as we are now looking to recruit an experienced New Build Project Manager to join our dynamic and busy team.
With a development programme set to deliver more than 2,500 homes over 5 years (2018-2023), we’re committed to building quality, affordable homes that people want to live in throughout the east of England. That’s an approach that secured us the title of Development Programme of the Year at the 2018 UK Housing Awards.
The main purpose of this role is to effectively project manage a wide range of new build housing projects from pre-construction contract stage through to practical completion ensuring that all new homes meet the defined needs of the end customer whilst closely supporting the New Business Development team in the pursuit of expanding business objectives.
You will be responsible for project management of a portfolio of schemes, with a combined spend of up to £20 million in any given financial year as well as individual multiple tenure new build projects with a value of up to £15m total scheme costs per project.
Previous experience of new build development/planning process and the delivery of quality affordable homes is paramount.
Who we are.......
Cross Keys Homes is an award-winning, innovative, commercial business with a social heart. We're dedicated to providing high-quality, affordable housing in prosperous communities.
We're the largest social housing landlord in Peterborough, managing more than 11,000 properties and housing around 14% of the city’s population. We're also growing and moving into new areas, including Huntingdonshire, Milton Keynes and Bedfordshire. We provide affordable homes for social rent, private rent, leasehold and shared ownership.
We want to provide high-quality, affordable homes to even more people. That's why, over the last 10 years, we’ve built more than 1,300 new homes and are currently building a further 2500 homes.
We’re more than just a landlord. We want to make neighbourhoods happy and vibrant places for people to live. We do that by investing in homes, green spaces and leisure facilities, and by supporting local people through training, education and employment.
We’re also dedicated to the needs of older and vulnerable people – being the city's largest provider of independent living schemes. With our LifeLine emergency alarm service, community care, sheltered housing and our state-of the-art extra care facilities like Lapwing Apartments, we help people live independently with support available if they need it.
Previous experience in the development/planning process and in the delivery of quality affordable homes is paramount.
We are looking for....
- Detailed knowledge of the development/planning process and demonstrable experience in the delivery of quality affordable homes.
- Detailed construction fabric knowledge, including an understanding of modern methods of construction.
- Experience in financial modelling/risk analysis in relation to housing development.
- Extensive project management experience gained in managing housing development schemes/programmes
- Experience of working with Local Authorities, grant funding bodies, and other key external stakeholders. Good working knowledge of Homes England development standards.
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office or equivalent IT systems (Outlook, Word, Excel).Skills and abilities
- Project Management
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relations both internally and externally.
- Critical attention to detail in the delivery of development projects.
- Ability to promote equality and diversity for tenants.
- Staff and other key stakeholders through the development process.
- Ability to work and liaise across internal functional boundaries to maintain excellent delivery standards.
- The ability to work on own initiative, and/or as part of a team.
- Ability to understand and interpret data.
- Ability to ensure data quality is maintained.
Whilst we endeavour to contact all applicants, should you not hear from us within 21 days of applying please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion
In return we are offering.....
- A competitive salary of £43,107 - £61,881 depending on skills, knowledge and experience
- Working hours are 37 hours a week worked over Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
- 25 days holiday
- A highly competitive contributory pension scheme
- Health Cash Plan
- CKH Rewards scheme offering discounts and savings from 100's of retailers
- Online Employee Well Being Hub
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Onsite Gym
- Weekly onsite yoga classes
- Cycle to work scheme
- Onsite Parking
- A great working environment with all the tools needed to fulfil your role
- A friendly and supportive team
- Excellent opportunities for learning and working towards gaining relevant qualifications
- Cross Keys Homes is a Living Wage Employer
NO AGENCIES PLEASE