Accounts Payable Assistant
- Finance - Finance
- Employment Type
We are currently looking to recruit an Accounts Payable Assistant to join our busy, professional and friendly team.
The suitable candidate will ideally have experience working within a finance function, have excellent attention to detail and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the business.
The purpose of this role is to be responsible for the accurate administration and prompt processing of Accounts Payable invoices and payment processing whilst communicating with internal and external stakeholders in relation to the Payables function, i.e. Payment scheduling, queries, chasing budget holders for approval and assist with internal/external reconciliations.
Who we are......
Cross Keys Homes is a commercial business with a social heart. We're dedicated to providing high-quality, affordable housing in prosperous communities.
We're the largest social housing landlord in Peterborough, managing more than 11,000 properties and housing around 14% of the city’s population. We're also growing and moving into new areas, including Huntingdonshire, Milton Keynes, and Bedfordshire. We provide affordable homes for social rent, private rent, leasehold and shared ownership.
We want to provide high-quality, affordable homes to even more people. That's why, over the last 10 years, we’ve built more than 1,300 new homes and are currently building a further 2500 homes.
We’re more than just a landlord. We want to make neighbourhoods happy and vibrant places for people to live. We do that by investing in homes, green spaces and leisure facilities, and by supporting local people through training, education and employment.
We’re also dedicated to the needs of older and vulnerable people – being the city's largest provider of independent living schemes. With our LifeLine emergency alarm service, community care, sheltered housing and our state-of the-art extra care facilities like Lapwing Apartments, we help people live independently with support available if they need it.
RequirementsThis is what we are looking for…
- Strong technical/ IT knowledge
- Experience of using finance systems software and Excel
- Experience of working in a busy office department, ideally within a finance function
- Experience of using finance system software
- Ability to support a learning culture for the organisation
- Ability to improve performance, respond positively to change, deliver results and contribute to a strong performance culture
- Ability to promote the Association’s work with a wide range of individuals.
- Good verbal, reasoning and written communication skills.
- An understanding of VAT accounting
- Experience of working in a finance department
- Experience of using Open Accounts
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise effectively, in order to achieve targets and meet deadlines
- Ability to interpret relevant information and analyse data
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to deal with large volumes of data
- Ability to produce accurate work within tight timescales when required
- Ability to respond positively to a changing work environment
- Basic project/process management skills
- Ability to promote the Association’s work with a wide range of individuals
- Excellent numeracy skills
Whilst we endeavour to contact all applicants, should you not hear from us within 21 days of applying please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
- Competitive salary of between £20,297 - £24,920 depending on skills, knowledge and experience
- Working hours are 37 hours a week worked over Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
- 25 days holiday
- A highly competitive contributory pension scheme
- Health Cash Plan
- CKH Rewards scheme offering discounts and savings from 100's of retailers
- Online Employee Well Being Hub
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Onsite Gym
- Weekly onsite yoga classes
- Cycle to work scheme
- Onsite Parking
- A great working environment with all the tools needed to fulfil your role
- A friendly and supportive team
- Excellent opportunities for learning and working towards gaining relevant qualifications